The space in this industry used to be around being edgy and saying 'No Bullshit' but everyone is on that bandwagon. Even though we were one of the originals, we need to move on. No culture stuff or saying we are a dynamic company here. This really is a No Bullshit (ugh) truthful Lead DPR job. It's pretty good. That's the truth – that kind of sums us up. Real. We are not about pretending we go to Junkyard Golf every week or wanting to oversell this.
We're on the lookout for a Lead DPR eager to join our growing team of Digital Marketing professionals. A perfect one ideally. Someone who can level up our process / dept and be the leader. If you want to evolve what we have done well – great. If you want to tear it down and completely remodel - go for it. You will get our support.
Dark Horse believes in challenging the status quo. We are looking for someone with a hungry mindset, keen to deliver. We have one aim… Build and scale the best SEO dept in the country. This is a chance to be a part of that early on in our journey.
Are you our next Head of Digital PR?
Roles and responsibilities
The successful candidate will join our rapidly expanding SEO Team, reporting directly to the Head of SEO. They will be responsible for the success of a portfolio of accounts and the day-to-day communication with their clients around their campaigns. We need someone who can live and breathe the values of our company. Someone who is ultimately driven to make an impact in the digital world by putting clients first. This role is not your average Digital PR Manager role. This is about being a voice and vital central cog in the business. We want someone to build the department in their own likeness - processes, results, team development. The works. Someone who relishes and wins in a results-based business.
A few bullets…
- Minimum 3 years' solid experience of Digital PR / Outreach within an agency.
- HYDRA - Create your team like you. Everyone's a head, aim.
- Excellent understanding of modern SEO and link building. Yes, that's right - we want you to develop your Content and Tech knowledge too. Gains.
- Experience in brainstorming campaigns, stories and seeing these ideas through to execution. Host ideation sessions. Creative flair.
- Ability to pitch stories to journalists with proven experience in placing stories. Get coverage!
- Pitch clients and prospects too. If you can't explain it well enough, you don't understand it well enough.
- Ability to build relationships with key influencers.
- Experience in reporting on Digital PR / Outreach results.
- Copywriting skills and attention to detail.
- You'll be comfortable taking ownership of how we deliver Digital PR services and shaping how we deliver them in the future.
- Get on with clients. Don't be a nob with them. "Relationship building".
- Roxhill, Reddit, HARO, Ahrefs, MOZ, SEMRush, GA - et al. They should mean something to you.
- Reactive campaigns. Grease lightning with ideas.
- Data analysis, surveys - all that jazz.
- Growth mindset - this is about making clients' money. Growing DPR as a dept.
- A genuine team player - someone who places the success of the team alongside their own success. Not just someone who writes 'able to work individually or as part of a team' in their CV. If it says that shit in your opening paragraph… Nah.
- All the Gimmes; numeracy, IT skills, verbal, written skills, pro-active yada yada.
- Be able to demonstrate the above.
The “Perks” of Being a Dark Horse
Look, we won't lie, we don't do pizza Fridays. What we do actually offer are things that matter a bit more, the things that make the hype of work-life balance more doable.
You've got a hybrid role – meaning we spend part of the week in the office and part of it at home, enjoying the joys of working within the comforts of your own four walls. Flexitime is a thing. There are loads of holidays to enjoy, PLUS Bank Holidays (people screw you over by not making that clear). We love our little planet, so every month we plant trees in The Dark Forest on behalf of every team member.