We're on the lookout for an Account Manager eager to join our growing team of Digital Marketing professionals. A shit-hot one ideally. Someone who can create a Client Services process / dept and be the first in the door. Historically, we didn't see a need for an Account Manager - you guys cost a lot of money. But… it's important to admit when you are wrong and now, we have grown to a million-pound agency. We now see the value in someone who can hold our clients' hands and make them feel warm and fuzzy. Basically, make sure shit gets done when it's supposed to and that client goals are on the way to being destroyed. Someone who would consider using words like strategy, product and piece too, as if normal.APPLY HERE
Are you our next Account Manager?
Roles and responsibilities
The front line to clients. Sales is the fluffer. Clients now want money and the good stuff. Clients pay our wages, so we would like you to retain our clients and grow their spend.
Comms. It's a biggie for us. We do SEO and PPC, we do it well. The teams are amazing. We need you to work with these nerds and make sure clients know what they hell they are talking about. Think like the client. Jim and Margaret may not be that interested in Schema Markup though so read the room. Decent knowledge of Digital - SEO, PPC and Paid Social, pretty useful.
- To make our customer service legendary. Incredibly exceptional won't suffice.
- To own Client Services on meetings with clients or sales prospects.
- Grow revenues from clients - retain them too. Cross-sell etc.
- Implement processes to improve the department and business.
- Help Marketing with content for collateral and case studies.
- To lead, motivate and encourage future team members: Account Managers/Execs.
- Train the team, spot areas of improvement etc.
- Work with SEO and PPC teams closely.
- To work with the Sales Director to forecast budgets and performance for clients, discuss opps.
- Be involved in management discussion on business strategy and conduct.
- Report on billing each month.
- To uphold business values. Be nice as a start.
The “Perks” of Being a Dark Horse
Look, we won't lie, we don't do pizza Fridays. What we do actually offer are things that matter a bit more, the things that make the hype of work-life balance more doable.
You've got a hybrid role – meaning we spend part of the week in the office and part of it at home, enjoying the joys of working within the comforts of your own four walls. Flexitime is a thing. There are loads of holidays to enjoy, PLUS Bank Holidays (people screw you over by not making that clear). We love our little planet, so every month we plant trees in The Dark Forest on behalf of every team member.
If you think you've got what it takes to make it in Dark Horse email your CV to email@example.com or call us for a chat on 0161 883 1094.